List of plastic Free alternatives around Berkhamsted
The Refill Pantry
Independent zero-waste refill shops in Hertfordshire. Bring your own containers and refill from a wide range of whole foods staples such as pasta, rice and nuts, to treats like vegan and sweets and delicious chocolates.
Acorn Pharmacy in Berkhamsted are now stocking eco-friendly personal care products in bulk to enable you to fill up your own container. They have a loyalty card for re-fills and are super helpful.
Amongst the products in their range are: Shampoo, conditioner and shower gel; soap; washing up liquid
Returned to Glory.
Re-loved furniture, soft furnishings and homeware and our inspiring designer own-label range, 'Creates & Makes'; with all profits going to support the work of The Hospice of St Francis. The showroom is on Northbridge Road,
Charity shops are a great way to support local charities while doing your bit for the environment. The Charity Shops that are in Berkhamsted are:
- Hospice of St Francis – 274-276 High Street
- Keech Hospice Care Charity Shop – 35-37 Lower Kings Road
- Cancer Research UK – 250 High Street
- Oxfam – 202 High Street
- Oxfam Book & Music– 232 High Street
- Rennie Grove Hospice Care – 258 High Street
- Town Hall Bookstall – At the back of the Town Hall
Try the Berkhamsted market every Wednesday and Saturdays and the Sunday Farmers Market on the third Sunday of every month. Great range of products from fresh fruit and veg, cheese, fish, flowers, toiletries, pet treats, clothes, cards and wrap and local produce.
- Dacorum Council organise weekly collections of recycleables, non recyclables and garden waste. What goes in what bin?.
- What happens to my recyclables?
Recyclables not accepted at the kerbside
- Soft plastics, crisp wrappers, food pouches etc can be deposited for recycling at Tesco and M&S on the High Street
- Toothpaste tubes and toothbrushes can be deposited at Acorn Pharmacy
- Blister packs for pills can be taken to Superdrug in Hemel
- Pens & Pencils are accepted at Berkhamsted Arts & Craft in Lower Kings Road
- Waste ranging from scrap metal, domestic appliances to rigid plastics should be taken to Berkhamsted Recycling Centre in Northbridge Road
Plastic Recycling logos
- These can be confusing. See a list and examples here